Childbirth Trauma [electronic resource] / edited by Stergios K Doumouchtsis
- London : Springer London : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 329 pages 61 illustrations, 50 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Doumouchtsis, Stergios K. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Anatomy of the Female Pelvis -- 2. Anorectal Anatomy and Physiology -- 3. Epidemiology of Childbirth Trauma and Associated Pelvic Floor Disorders -- 4. The Effect of Pregnancy on the Pelvic Floor -- 5. Mode of Delivery and Perineal Trauma -- 6. Episiotomy -- 7. Types of Pelvic Floor Injury During Childbirth -- 8. Principles of Assessment of Childbirth Injury -- 9. Management of Childbirth Injury -- 10. Further Investigations and Follow-up: Pelvic Floor Trauma Ultrasound -- 11. Childbirth and Lower Urinary Tract Complications -- 12. Childbirth Trauma and Lower Gastrointestinal Tract Complications -- 13. Healing Process and Complications -- 14. Pregnancy, Puerperium and Pelvic Organ Prolapse -- 15. Obstetric Fistula -- 16. Prediction, Risk Assessment, and Prevention of Childbirth Trauma -- 17. Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy for the Prevention and Management of Childbirth Trauma -- 18. Prognosis of Childbirth Trauma.
- This book looks at evidence-based information on the anatomy and physiology of the female pelvis and pelvic organs. The authors bring together comprehensive topics ranging across the whole spectrum of childbirth trauma, to help the reader with the diagnosis, management and treatment of different types of traumas, including prognosis, prediction and prevention. Childbirth Trauma is a useful resource for gynecologists, urologists, coloproctologists and physiotherapists, as well as all professionals who provide care for women in pregnancy and in labor and those who manage women with childbirth trauma.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 19569026