Management of Adrenal Masses in Children and Adults [electronic resource] / edited by Electron Kebebew
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 310 pages 74 illustrations, 37 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Kebebew, Electron and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Epidemiology of Adrenal Neoplasms -- The Pathology of Adrenal Masses -- Genetics of Benign Adrenocortical Tumors -- Genetics of Adrenocortical Cancers -- Genetics of Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma -- Imaging Modalities for Adrenocortical Tumors -- Imaging Modalities for Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma -- Primary Hyperaldosteronism -- Cushing Syndrome: Presentation, Diagnosis, and Treatment, Including Subclinical Cushing Syndrome -- Management of Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma -- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia -- Adrenocortical Carcinoma -- Operative Techniques for Adrenal Neoplasms -- Therapies for Locally Advanced and Metastatic Adrenocortical Carcinoma -- .
- This book is designed to present a comprehensive and state-of the-art approach to the management of adrenal neoplasms that provides a resource to the broad group of providers that will encounter such a patient. Sections address issues that are faced by providers who encounter a patient with an adrenal neoplasm. These areas include an overview of the genetic basis and familial cancer syndrome-associated with adrenal neoplasms, pathobiology, advanced and tumor specific imaging approaches and technologies, biochemical analysis, standard medical and surgical therapies, and emerging technology and treatment approaches to benign and malignant adrenal neoplasms. Written by experts in the field, each of these sections address level of clinical evidence and provide recommendations and treatment algorithms. Extensive illustrations make this an interactive text. Management of Adrenal Masses in Children and Adults will serve as a very useful resource for all providers dealing with, and interested in this common but challenging tumor. It will provide a concise yet comprehensive summary of the current status of the field that will help guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 19569723