Contemporary Research in Technology Education [electronic resource] : Helping Teachers Develop Research-informed Practice / edited by P John Williams, David Barlex
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 205 pages 62 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Williams, John (Phillip John), Barlex, David, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contemporary Issues in Technology Education, 2510-0327
- Chapter 1 Introduction -- Chapter 2 Ideas about Design: Towards Appropriate Pedagogy for Teaching Design at the School Level -- Chapter 3 Fostering Deep Learning and Critical Thinking amongst Net Generation Learners -- Chapter 4 A Case Study on Problem Solving based on a Design Process in a Middle School Invention Class -- Chapter 5 CAD and Creativity at Key Stage 3 -- Chapter 6 Mixed Media Modelling of Technological Concepts in Electricity -- Chapter 7 Difficulties in Teaching and Learning Sectional Drawing in a University based in the Eastern Cape, South Africa -- Chapter 8 Let's Get Kids Talking in Technology: Implications for Teachers -- Chapter 9 Teaching Bioethics: The intersection of values and the applications that advances in technology make possible -- Chapter 10 Exploring the Role of Professional Learning Communities in Supporting the Identity Transition of Beginning Design and Technology Teachers -- Chapter 11 Technology Education Teachers' Professional Development through Action Research -- Chapter 12 Technology Education: Education for Enterprise (E4E) in New Zealand a Connected Curriculum -- Chapter 13 A Synoptic View.
- This book provides an overview of contemporary postgraduate research in Technology Education, bringing recent research on technology education to the attention of teachers so that they can use the findings to inform their practice, while also informing the education research community about studies being carried out in the field of Technology Education. The book brings together significant international research on Technology Education by focusing on contemporary PhD theses. While the conceptual underpinnings of each research project are explained, the focus is on elaborating the findings in ways that are relevant for practitioners. The book features contributions from doctoral students who completed their research in 2013. Each chapter employs a similar structure, with a focus on what the research means for classroom teachers. The book offers a valuable resource for researchers, teachers and potential researchers, with suggestions for further study. Each chapter also includes references to the digital edition of the respective full thesis, allowing readers to consult the research in detail if necessary.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 19570841