Mount Joy Borough ; Richland/Mount Joy / Mount Joy Area Historical Society
- Corporate Author:
- Mount Joy Area Historical Society
- Additional Titles:
- Richland/Mount Joy
- [Mount Joy, Pennsylvania] : [Mount Joy Area Historical Society?], [1985?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : both sides ; 34 x 50 cm and 20 x 47 cm, sheet 39 x 53 cm
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:8,000 (W 76°31ʹ57ʺ--W 76°27ʹ31ʺ/N 40°07ʹ19ʺ--N 40°05ʹ56ʺ).
Scale not given (W 76°30ʹ36ʺ--W 76°29ʹ42ʺ/N 40°06ʹ43ʺ--N 40°06ʹ26ʺ).
- "Mount Joy Area Tour, April 25, 1976."
Publication date inferred from penciled note indicating that the map was taken from the Society's 1985-86 directory.
"Map dated 1846"--Historical Richland/Mount Joy map.
Historical map shows footprints of homes and is labeled with family names; borough map shows property lot boundaries.
"This map, issued 5 years before the incorporation of Mount Joy Borough, has been reprinted to commemorate the 125th anniversary of Mount Joy. The borough, created in 1851, joined together the two largest villages of Richland and Mountjoy, plus the smaller villages of Mountjoy continued, Wallickstown, Richland Extended and Richland and Mountjoy connected."
View MARC record | catkey: 1959194