Night of the four moons [sound recording] / Orchestra 2001
- Corporate Author:
- Orchestra 2001
- Additional Titles:
- Night of the 4 moons
- New York, N.Y. : CRI, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (72 min., 37 sec.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Barbara Ann, 1951-
Davis, Miles B.
Freeman, James D.
Talma, Louise, 1906-1996
Levinson, Gerald, 1951-
- Music for mixed ensemble ; v. 2
- Language Note:
- Sung in Spanish (1st work) and in English (3rd, 5th works).
- Night of the four moons / George Crumb, [texts by Federico García Lorca] (16:55) -- Chesapeake rhythms / Jay Reise (16:04) -- Diadem / Louise Talma (15:08) -- A clockwork legend / Timothy Greatbatch (8:51) -- In dark / Gerald Levinson (15:39).
- Compact disc.
Program notes and song texts in English and in Spanish with English translations (15 p. : ports. ; 12 cm.) inserted in container.
Eds. recorded: C.F. Peters (1st work), Carl Fisher (3rd work), Theodore Presser (5th work).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Carmen Pelton, soprano (1st work) ; Barbara Ann Martin, mezzo-soprano (1st work) ; Paul Sperry, tenor (3rd work) ; Miles B. Davis, double bass (4th work) ; Orchestra 2001 ; James Freeman, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Lang Concert Hall, Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, Pa., Sept. 10, 1995 (4th work), Sept. 11, 1995 (5th work), Oct. 29, 1995 (3rd work), Oct. 31, 1995 (1st work), and Jan. 20, 1996 (2nd work).
View MARC record | catkey: 1975885