Two operas and two song cycles [sound recording] / Hugo Weisgall
- Weisgall, Hugo
- Additional Titles:
- Additional title on container: Tenor, the stronger, two song cycles
- New York, N.Y. : CRI, ©1997, ℗1980-1997.
- Physical Description:
- 2 audio discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Coulter, Dorothy, Cassilly, Richard, 1927-1998, Kuhn, John, Ludgin, Chester, Cross, Richard, 1935-, Grossman, Herbert, Meier, Johanna, 1938-, Raskin, Judith, Ritt, Morey, Heafner, Carolyn, Neill, Dixie Ross, Shapiro, Karl, 1913-2000, Lert, Ernst, 1883-1955, Hart, Richard H. (Richard Harry), 1908-2007, Wedekind, Frank, 1864-1918, Strindberg, August, 1849-1912, Weisgall, Hugo, Young, Doris (Soprano), Aeolian Chamber Players, and Wiener Staatsoper. Orchester
- The tenor : opera in one act, based on the play Der Kammersänger by Frank Wedekind / libretto by Karl Shapiro and Ernst Lert (80:43) -- The stronger : opera in one act, based on the play by August Strindberg / libretto by Richard Hart (24:36) -- The golden peacock : seven popular songs from the Yiddish (18:34) -- Four songs, op. 1 : on poems by Adelaide Crapsey (8:11).
- Compact discs., The 1st work originally released by Westminster in 1959, re-released by CRI as SD 197 in 1965; remainder originally released by CRI on SD 273 (2nd work, 1972), SD 417 (3rd work, 1980), and SD 462 (4th work, recorded in New York, Apr., 1981)., Program notes and texts (39 p. ; 12 cm.) laid in container., and Title from container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work: Doris Young, Dorothy Coulter, sopranos ; Richard Cassilly, John Kuhn, tenors ; Chester Ludgin, baritone ; Richard Cross, bass-baritone ; Vienna State Opera Orchestra ; Herbert Grossman, conductor. 2nd work: Johanna Meier, soprano ; Aeolian Chamber Players ; Hugo Weisgall, conductor. 3rd work: Judith Raskin, soprano ; Morey Ritt, piano. 4th work: Carolyn Heafner, soprano ; Dixie Ross Neill, piano.
View MARC record | catkey: 1976103