100 years of pragmatism [electronic resource] : William James's revolutionary philosophy / edited by John J. Stuhr
- Additional Titles:
- One hundred years of pragmatism
- Bloomington, IN : Indiana University Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 215 p. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Stuhr, John J.
- American philosophy
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: 100 years of pragmatism / John J. Stuhr -- James's Pragmatism and American culture, 1907-2007 / James T. Kloppenberg -- The enemies of pragmatism / Mark Bauerlein -- The earth must resume its rights : a Jamesian genealogy of immaturity / Ross Posnock -- Pragmatism and death : method vs. metaphor, tragedy vs. the will to believe / William J. Gavin -- William James's pragmatism : a distinctly mixed bag / Bruce Wilshire -- The deconstruction of traditional philosophy in William James's pragmatism / Richard M. Gale -- James on truth and solidarity : the epistemology of diversity and the politics of specificity / José M. Medina -- Pragmatism, nihilism, and democracy : what is called thinking at the end of modernity? / James Livingston -- Active tension / Linda Simon -- Reflections on the future of pragmatism / Ruth Anna Putnam -- Looking toward last things : James's pragmatism beyond its first century / John J. Stuhr.
- 9780253353870 (cloth : alk. paper)
0253353874 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780253221421 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0253221420 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19777032