The public purpose of education and schooling / John I. Goodlad, Timothy J. McMannon, editors
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 178 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Goodlad, John I.
McMannon, Timothy J.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The Jossey-Bass education series
- Public schooling : education for democracy / Benjamin R. Barber -- The meanings of "public education" / Theodore R. Sizer -- Education, equity, and the right to learn / Linda Darling-Hammond -- On restoring public and private life / Gary D. Fenstermacher -- Toward a democratic rhetoric of schooling / Donna H. Kerr -- Democracy : do we really want it? / Roger Soder -- Education for civility and civitas : panel discussion -- Prospects for reform : conversation with the audience -- Reprise and a look ahead / John I. Goodlad.
- 0787909343 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1977963