Actualization [electronic resource] : linguistic change in progress / edited by Henning Andersen
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub. Co., c2001.
- Physical Description:
- 250 p. : ill
- Additional Creators:
- Andersen, Henning, 1934-, ebrary, Inc, and International Conference on Historical Linguistics (14th : 1999 : Vancouver, B.C.)
- Amsterdam studies in the theory and history of linguistic science. Series IV, Current issues in linguistic theory, 0304-0763 ; v. 219
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Position paper : markedness and the theory of change / Henning Andersen -- Patterns of restitution of sound change / Kristin Bakken -- The role of markedness in the actuation and actualization of linguistic change / Alexander Bergs and Dieter Stein -- On the actualization of the passive-to-ergative shift in pre-Islamic India / Vit Bubenik -- The use of address pronouns in early modern English / Ulrich Busse -- Actualization patterns in grammaticalization : from clause to locative morphology in Northern Iroquoian / Marianne Mithun -- From Latin to modern French / Lene Schøsler -- Markedness, causation, and linguistic change / Michael Shapiro -- Markedness, functionality, and perseveration in the actualization of a morphosyntactic change / John Charles Smith -- Actualization and the (uni)directionality of change / Henning Andersen.
- 1588110818 (U.S. : alk. paper), 9027237263 (Europe), 9789027237262, and 9789027284402 (e-book)
- Papers from a workshop held at the 14th annual International Conference on Historical Linguistics, Vancouver, B.C., 14 August, 1999.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19786639