American evangelicals [electronic resource] : a contemporary history of a mainstream religious movement / Barry Hankins
- Hankins, Barry, 1956-
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 205 p. ; 24 cm.
- Critical issues in history
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Awakening and the beginning of American evengelicalism -- The struggle with modernism : origins of the culture wars -- Battling with science : from antievolution to the intelligent design -- Millennialism : folk religion and the career of end-times prophecy -- Considering equality : the tradition of gender, race, and gay rights -- Inspired politics : evangelical religion in the political marketplace -- Back to the academy : evangelical scholars and the American mind.
- 9780742549890 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0742549895 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-193) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19787395