Aspiring to home [electronic resource] : South Asians in America / Bakirathi Mani
- Mani, Bakirathi
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 311 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Asian America
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : becoming South Asian -- Postcolonial locations : Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of maladies and The namesake -- So far from home : documenting immigrant lives in Knowing her place, Calcutta calling, and Bangla east side -- Beauty queens : gender, ethnicity, and transnational modernities at Miss India U.S.A. -- The art of multiculturalism : diasporadics, desh pardesh, and Artwallah -- Somewhere you've never been before? : the American romance of Bombay dreams.
- 9780804777995 (cloth : acid-free paper) and 9780804778008 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 287-304) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19788567