Bullying prevention for schools [electronic resource] : a step-by-step guide to implementing a successful anti-bullying program / Allan L. Beane
- Beane, Allan L., 1950-
- San Francisco, Calif. : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 294 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Bullying is destructive to the well-being of students, creates unsafe schools, and impacts learning. School personnel, parents, and others are increasingly realizing the importance of putting effective anti-bullying strategies and policies in place that will create safe, caring, and peaceful schools where all students feel a sense of belonging and acceptance. This book is a step-by-step guide to implementing an anti-bullying program in individual schools or throughout a district. Dr. Beane details how to: implement training for school personnel and volunteers and awareness sessions for students, parents, and the community; establish policies, rules, behavioral expectations, discipline rubrics, and response plans; prepare intervention and prevention strategies; and develop a plan to actively include, involve, and empower students, parents, and the community. The book also contains reproducible documents and forms, such as surveys, statement sheets, and intervention questionnaires.--From publisher description.
- 9780470407011 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 283-288) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19789676