The business solution to poverty [electronic resource] : designing products and services for three billion new customers / Paul Polak and Mal Warwick
- Polak, Paul
- San Francisco : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc., 
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 245 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Warwick, Mal
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface -- Introduction: eight keys to ending poverty -- Only business can end poverty -- "The poor are very different from you and me" -- What is poverty? -- What can government and philanthropy do? -- Why business is best equipped to fight global poverty -- Zero-based design and the bottom billions -- What to do before you launch your business -- The ruthless pursuit of affordability -- Zero-based design in practice : low-cost drip irrigation -- Design for the market -- Zero-based design in practice : a cautionary tale -- Design for scale -- Zero-based design in practice: safe drinking water for small villages -- Design for delivery the last 500 feet -- Building a mission-driven global business -- Opportunities abound -- It's your turn now -- Resources : takeaways and what we say to critics -- Notes -- Acknowledgments -- About the authors -- Index.
- 9781609940775 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-220) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19789714