Covering violence [electronic resource] : a guide to ethical reporting about victims and trauma / Roger Simpson and William Coté ; journalist profiles by John Harris and Migael Scherer
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Trauma: assault on an essential human system -- The journalist: at risk for trauma -- 9/11: lessons from a sunny morning -- Reporting at the scene -- The interview: assault or catharsis? -- Writing the trauma story -- Pictures and sounds of trauma -- Reporting about children -- Columbine: a story that won't let go -- Reporting on rape trauma -- Using the searchlight with precision and sensitivity -- Oklahoma city: "terror in the heartland" -- Conclusions.
- 0231133928 (hdbk. : alk. paper)
0231133936 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- In the original ed., Coté's name appeared first on the title page.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -291) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19792016