Data warehousing in the age of big data [electronic resource] / Krish Krishnan
- Krishnan, Krish
- Amsterdam : Morgan Kaufmann is an imprint of Elsevier, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 346 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Part 1 - Big Data Chapter 1 - Introduction to Big Data Chapter 2 - Complexity of Big Data Chapter 3 - Big Data Processing Architectures Chapter 4 - Big Data Technologies Chapter 5 - Big Data Business Value Part 2 - The Data Warehouse Chapter 6 - Data Warehouse Chapter 7 - Re-Engineering the Data Warehouse Chapter 8 -Workload Management in the Data Warehouse Chapter 9 - New Technology Approaches Part 3 - Extending Big Data into the Data Warehouse Chapter 10 - Integration of Big Data and Data Warehouse Chapter 11 - Data Driven Architecture Chapter 12 - Information Management and Lifecycle Chapter 13 - Big Data Analytics, Visualization and Data Scientist Chapter 14 - Implementing The "Big Data" Data Warehouse Appendix A - Customer Case Studies From Vendors Appendix B - Building The HealthCare Information Factory .
- "In conclusion as you come to the end of this book, the concept of a Data Warehouse and its primary goal of serving the enterprise version of truth, and being the single platform for all the source of information will continue to remain intact and valid for many years to come. As we have discussed across many chapters and in many case studies, the limitations that existed with the infrastructures to create, manage and deploy Data Warehouses have been largely eliminated with the availability of Big Data technologies and infrastructure platforms, making the goal of the single version of truth a feasible reality. Integrating and extending Big Data into the Data Warehouse, and creating a larger decision support platform will benefit businesses for years to come. This book has touched upon governance and information lifecycle management aspects of Big Data in the larger program, however you can reuse all the current program management techniques that you follow for the Data Warehouse for this program and even implement agile approaches to integrating and managing data in the Data Warehouse. Technologies will continue to evolve in this spectrum and there will be more additions of solutions, which can be integrated if you follow the modular integration approaches to building and managing the Data Warehouse. The Appendix sections contain many more case studies and a special section on Healthcare Information Factory based on Big Data approaches. These are more guiding posts to help you align your thoughts and goals to building and integrating Big Data in your Data Warehouse"--
- 9780124058910 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19792421