Fields of combat [electronic resource] : understanding PTSD among veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan / Erin P. Finley
- Finley, Erin P., 1977-
- Ithaca : ILR Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 221 p. ; 25 cm.
- The culture and politics of health care work
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Fourth of July : a tradition of service in San Antonio -- War stories : case studies of combat deployment -- Home again : early experiences of post-deployment stress -- Of men and messages : how everyday cultural influences affect living with PTSD -- Clinical histories : from soldier's heart to PTSD -- Under pressure : military socialization and stigma -- Embattled : the politics of PTSD in VA mental health care -- Navigation : identity and social relations in treatment seeking and recovery.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder—United States
- Iraq War, 2003-2011—Veterans—Mental health
- Afghan War, 2001-—Veterans—Mental health
- Combat Disorders—United States
- Afghan Campaign 2001-—United States
- History, 21st Century—United States
- Iraq War, 2003-2011—United States
- Veterans—psychology—United States
- Veterans Health—United States
- 9780801449802 (cloth : alk. paper)
0801449804 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19794753