Finite Difference Computing with Exponential Decay Models [electronic resource] / by Hans Petter Langtangen
- Langtangen, Hans Petter, 1962-
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 200 p. 29 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, 1439-7358 ; 110
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface -- Algorithms and implementations -- Analysis -- Generalizations -- Models -- Scientific Software Engineering -- References -- Index. .
- This text provides a very simple, initial introduction to the complete scientific computing pipeline: models, discretization, algorithms, programming, verification, and visualization. The pedagogical strategy is to use one case study – an ordinary differential equation describing exponential decay processes – to illustrate fundamental concepts in mathematics and computer science. The book is easy to read and only requires a command of one-variable calculus and some very basic knowledge about computer programming. Contrary to similar texts on numerical methods and programming, this text has a much stronger focus on implementation and teaches testing and software engineering in particular. .
- 9783319294391 and 9783319294384 (print)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 19794842