Languages of sentiment [electronic resource] : cultural constructions of emotional substrates / edited by Gary B. Palmer, Debra J. Occhi
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : J. Benjamins, c1999.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 272 p. ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Palmer, Gary B., 1942-, Occhi, Debra J., and Society for Linguistic Anthropology (U.S.)
- Advances in consciousness research, 1381-589X ; v. 18
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Linguistic anthropology and emotional experience / Gary B. Palmer and Debra J. Occhi -- Language, primordialism, and sentiment / Harold Schiffman -- Transforming laments / James M. Wilce Jr. -- Dignity in tragedy / Laine Berman -- Public and private voices / Cynthia Dickel Dunn -- From hiren to happî-endo / Janet S. (Shibamoto) Smith -- Sounds of the heart and mind / Debra J. Occhi -- Bursting with grief, erupting with shame / Gary B. Palmer, Heather Bennett, and Les Stacey -- The convergence of sociocultural theory and cognitive linguistics / Howard Grabois -- Language and emotion concepts / Zoltán Kövecses and Gary B. Palmer.
- 155619434X (alk. paper)
- Papers presented at a conference held 1996, and sponsored by the Society for Linguistic Anthropology.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19801790