Legal issues in global contexts [electronic resource] : perspectives on technical communication in an international age / edited by Kirk St.Amant, East Carolina University and Martine Courant Rife, Lansing Community College
- Amityville , New York : Baywood Publishing Company, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- x, 237 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- St. Amant, Kirk, 1970- and Rife, Martine Courant
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Hiding behind a password : are online classes as private as we think? / Wendy L. Kraglund-Gauthier and David C. Young -- The power of slogans : the rhetoric of network neutrality / Brett Lunceford -- The rules of the game : real legal and economic implications of second life / Marco Antonio Chávez-Aguayo -- Dimensions and policies of metrication and communication / Ronald L. Stone -- Legal literacy for multilingual technical communication projects / Tatiana Batova -- Adapting to the changing legal context : how Executive Order 13166 is shaping translation and localization in health care / Nicole St. Germaine -- Usable DRM : sailing the pirate's seas for legal entertainment / Liza Potts -- Workplace realities versus romantic views of authorship : intellectual property issues, globalization, and technical communication / Pavel Zemliansky and Traci A. Zimmerman -- Software patent law in global contexts : a primer for technical writing specialists / Annette Vee -- Orphan works and the global interplay of democracy, copyright, and access / Martin S. Copenhaver -- Afterword: global challenges and the value of heuristics / Heidi A. McKee and James E. Porter.
- 9780895038357 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780895038364 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19801944