Looking within [electronic resource] : a sociocultural examination of fetoscopy / Deborah Blizzard
- Blizzard, Deborah
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 253 p. ; 24 cm.
- Basic bioethics
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Fetoscopy as lived experience : a closer look -- Why fetoscopy? Why now?: an ethnography of a medical technology and the emotions that fuel it -- Fetoscopy in cultural context : fetal politics, reproductive choice, religious experiences, and maternal blame -- How to create a fetoscopy collective : define the risks and find participants -- Fetoscopy and the single fetus : diagnostic embryofetoscopy, bladder obstruction, amniotic band syndrome, and the technological fix -- Ligation and twins : making and choosing twins in high-risk pregnancy -- Loss and success : social networks and constructing an outcome -- Final thoughts on fetoscopy.
- 9780262026161 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0262026163 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -247) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19802298