Manhood factories [electronic resource] : YMCA architecture and the making of modern urban culture / Paula Lupkin
- Lupkin, Paula
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 253 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Architecture, landscape, and American culture series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: the YMCA and the cultural landscape of modernity -- Reconciling morality and mammon: a Christian club for clerks -- Inventing the YMCA building -- Accepting the call to build: architectural evangelism on Main Street -- Bedrooms, billiards, and basketball: retooling the YMCA -- From Greensboro to China: YMCA architecture as international business -- Influences radiate.
- 9780816648344 (hc : alk. paper)
0816648344 (hc : alk. paper)
9780816648351 (pb : alk. paper)
0816648352 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 221-240) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19802494