Muslim marriage in Western courts [electronic resource] : lost in transplantation / by Pascale Fournier
- Fournier, Pascale
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 206 p. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The roots of Mahr and the hybrid transplant : introducing Mahr as an Islamic legal conception and a fragmented legal concept -- When Mahr travels : adjudicating Mahr in Canada, the United States, France, and Germany -- Nourishing the transplanted law : fertile soil or rocky ground? -- Contradictions in the reception of Mahr as ideology and subjectivity -- Samir and Leila revisited : the adjudication and reception of Mahr and its subjective significance for Muslim women -- Deep roots and tall branches : conclusions on the reception of Mahr by Western courts.
- 9781409404415 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -196) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19803555