Protocols for Pre-Field Screening of Mutants for Salt Tolerance in Rice, Wheat and Barley [electronic resource] / by Souleymane Bado, Brian P. Forster, Abdelbagi M.A. Ghanim, Joanna Jankowicz-Cieslak, Günter Berthold, Liu Luxiang
- Bado, Souleymane
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- X, 37 p. 7 illus., 1 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Forster, Brian P., Ghanim, Abdelbagi M.A., Jankowicz-Cieslak, Joanna, Berthold, Günter, Luxiang, Liu, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Objectives -- Protocol for measuring soil salinity -- Protocol for screening for salt tolerance in rice -- Protocol for screening for salt tolerance in barley and wheat. .
- This book offers effective, low-cost and user-friendly protocols for the pre-field selection of salt-tolerant mutants in cereal crops. It presents simple methods for measuring soil salinity, including soil sampling and the analysis of water-soluble salts, and describes a detailed, but simple, screening test for salt tolerance in rice, wheat and barley seedlings, which uses hydroponics. The protocols are devised for use by plant breeders and can be easily accommodated into breeding practice. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 19808170