Technoscience and environmental justice [electronic resource] : expert cultures in a grassroots movement / edited by Gwen Ottinger and Benjamin Cohen ; afterword by Kim Fortun
- Urban and industrial environments
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : Environmental justice and the transformation of science and engineering / Benjamin Cohen and Gwen Ottinger -- Who are the experts of environmental health justice? / Scott Frickel -- From science-based legal advocacy to community organizing : opportunties and obstacles to transforming patterns of expertise and access / Karen Hoffman -- Toxic transformations : constructing online audiences for environmental justice / Jason Delborne and Wyatt Galusky -- Experts, ethics, and environmental justice : communiciating and contesting results from personal exposure science / Rachel Morello-Frosch ... [et al.] -- Middle-out social change : expert-led development interventions in Sri Lanka's energy sector / Dean Nieusma -- Invisible people, invisible risks : how scientific assessments of environmental health risks overlook minorities : and how community participation can make them visible / Maria Powell and Jim Powell -- Risk assessment and native Americans at the cultural crossroads : making better science or redefining health? / Jaclyn R. Johnson and Darren J. Ranco -- Uneven transformations and environmental justice : regulatory science, street science, and pesticide regulation in California / Raoul S. Liévanos, Jonathan K. London, and Julie Sze -- Rupturing engineering education : opportunities for transforming expert identities through community-based projects / Gwen Ottinger -- Afterword : Working "faultlines" / Kim Fortun.
- Technology—Environmental aspects—Case studies
- Science—Environmental aspects—Case studies
- Industries—Environmental aspects—Case studies
- Environmental justice—Case studies
- Environmental health—Case studies
- Environmental policy—Citizen participation—Case studies
- Environmental policy—Decision making—Case studies
- 9780262015790 (hardcover : alk. paper)
026201579X (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780262516181 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0262516187 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19811569