The Tennessee Campaign of 1864 [electronic resource] / edited by Steven E. Woodworth and Charles D. Grear
- Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 261 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Woodworth, Steven E. and Grear, Charles D., 1976-
- Civil War campaigns in the heartland
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The long lost diary of Major General Patrick R. Cleburne / Patrick Cleburne, edited by William Lee White -- "The storm broke in all its fury": the struggle for Allatoona Pass / Stewart Bennett -- Errant moves on the chessboard of war: the Battle of Spring Hill, November 29, 1864 / John R. Lundberg -- The destruction of the Army of Tennessee's officer corps at the Battle of Franklin / Andrew S. Bledsoe -- Killing at Franklin: anatomy of slaughter / Jonathan M. Steplyk -- A failure to communicate: Grant, Thomas, and the Nashville Campaign / Brooks D. Simpson -- Where genius cannot exist: the generalship of George H. Thomas / Paul L. Schmelzer -- "No more auction block for me": the fight for freedom by the United States Colored Troops at the Battle of Nashville / D.L. Turner and Scott L. Stabler -- A.J. Smith's detachment in the Battle of Nashville / Steven E. Woodworth -- Civilian participants and observers during the Franklin-Nashville Campaign / John J. Gaines -- "Our peoples are depressed in spirit": Texans' reactions to Hood's Tennessee Campaign / Charles D. Grear -- What could have been: Civil War battlefield preservation at Franklin / Timothy B. Smith -- Preserving the Nashville Battlefield: the South's true lost cause / Jennifer M. Murray.
- 9780809334520 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9780809334537 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19811626