Travel Writing in the Nineteenth Century [electronic resource]: Filling the Blank Spaces
- Youngs, Tim
- London : Anthem Press Sept. 2006 Herndon : Books International, Incorporated [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 288 p. ill 09.200 x 06.000 in.
- Anthem Nineteenth Century Studies Ser
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation <p>Long popular with a general readership, travel writing has, in the past three decades or so, become firmly established as an object of serious and multi-disciplinary academic inquiry. Few of the scholarly and popular publications that have focused on the nineteenth century have regarded the century as a whole. This broad volume examines the cultural and social aspects of travel writing on Africa, Asia, America, the Balkans and Australasia.</p>
1843312182 (Trade Cloth)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Anthem Press
View MARC record | catkey: 19812148