Understanding the principalship [electronic resource] : an international guide to principal preparation / edited by Charles L. Slater, Sarah W. Nelson
- Advances in educational administration ; v. 19
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Lessons in leadership from the vineyard / Sarah W. Nelson and Charles L. Slater / Investigating preparation for the principalship: deliberating on possibilities / Simon Clarke and Helen Wildy -- Principal preparation experiences / Shelleyann Scott and Donald E. Scott -- Template versus awareness / Charles F. Webber -- Principles for principal preparation / Charles F. Webber and Shelleyann Scott -- Moral conflicts of Mexican public school principals in political context: loyalties and consequences / Cecilia Fierro and Ruth Paradise -- Public employee or private agent: a delicate balance in principal preparation / Jose M. Coronel and Marisa Fernandez -- Relational acumen -- John Churchley, Patricia Neufeld and Diane Purvey -- Leadership responsibilities and dispositions of principals in successful schools in Mexico / José-María García-Garduno and Susana Martínez-Martínez -- Sense of purpose: reconfiguring entrepreneurialism in public education / Philip A. Woods -- Narratives of new principals in urban schools: facing challenges and finding support / Constance Magee and Charles L. Slater -- Leading environmental education in elementary schools: the case of "La esperanza" school / Gema López-Gorosave and Mary Haydee Girón -- Awareness of self and others in principal preparation: an international perspective / Charles L. Slater and Sarah W. Nelson -- Indigenous principals' perspectives on leadership development / Donald E. Scott [and others] -- State, civil society, and market in the configuration of school systems in the south cone of Latin America: the Argentine, Chilean, and Brazilian cases / Guillermina Tiramonti and Mariana Nobile.
- 9781781906781 (hbk.) and 1781906785 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19812387