Unhomely cinema [electronic resource] : home and place in global cinema / Dwayne Avery
- Avery, Dwayne, 1977-
- London ; New York : Anthem Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 141 pages ; 24 cm.
- Anthem global media and communication studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Unhomely cinema -- An unhomely theory -- The decline of the family: home and nation in Krzystof Kieslowsk's The decalogue -- The future is behind you: global gentrification and the unhomely nature of discarded places -- No place to call home: work and play in Paul Thomas Anderson's Punch drunk love and Jason Reitman's Up in the air -- The terrible lightness of being mobile: cell phone and the dislocation of the home -- Unhomely revolt in Laurent Cantet's Time out.
- 9781783083022 (hbk.) and 1783083026 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 135-138) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19812401