Person-centred practice in nursing and health care : theory and practice / editors, Professor Brendan McCormack, Professor Tanya McCance ; foreword by Hester Klopper
- Underpinning principles of person-centred practice / Brendan McCormack and Tanya McCance -- The person-centred practice framework / Tanya McCance and Brendan McCormack -- Person-centredness in healthcare strategy and policy / John Glasby -- Person centeredness in nursing strategy and policy / Annette Solman & Val Wilson -- Person-centred nursing leadership / Shaun Cardiff -- Person-centred nursing education / Deirdre O'Donnell, Neal Cook, and Pauline Black -- Person-centred research / Belinda Dewar -- An overview of practice development / Kim Manley -- Creating flourishing workplaces / Jan Dewing and Brendan McCormack -- Helping healthcare practitioners to flourish : critical companionship at work / Angie Titchen and Karen Hammond -- Navigating organisational change : being a person-centred facilitator / Famke van Lieshout -- A narrative approach to person-centredness with older people in residential long-term care / Catherine Buckley -- Person-centred health services for children / Val Wilson and Annette Solman -- Meeting the challenges of person-centredness in acute care / Christine Boomer and Tanya McCance -- Person-centredness, recovery, and user involvement in mental health services / Marit Borg and Bengt Karlsson -- Weathering the seasons of practice development : moving towards a person-centred culture in complex continuing care / Nadine Janes, Barbara Cowie, Jennifer Haynes, Penney Deratnay, Shannon Burke, Barbara Bell -- Person-centred community nursing / Caroline Dickson -- Person-centredness in palliative care / Antonia Lannie and Lorna Peelo-Kilroe -- A considered reflection and re-presenting the person-centred practice framework / Tanya McCance and Brendan McCormack.
- Person-Centred Practice in Nursing and Health Care is a comprehensive and practical resource for all nurses and health care practitioners who want to develop person-centred ways of working. This second edition, which builds on the original text Person-Centred Nursing has been significantly revised and expanded to provide a timely and topical exploration of an important subject that underpins all nursing and health care, edited by internationally renowned experts in the field. --
Person-Centred Practice in Nursing and Health Care looks at the importance of person-centred practice (PCP) from a variety of practice, strategic, and policy angles, exploring how the principles of PCP underpin a variety of perspectives, including within leadership and in the curriculum. The book not only explores a range of methodologies, but also covers a variety of different health care settings and contexts, including working within mental health services, acute care, nursing homes, the community, and working with children and people with disabilities. --
Key features: --
Significantly updated and expanded since the previous edition, taking into account the considerable changes in recent health care advancements, including the 'Francis Report' --
Builds on previous perspectives of person-centredness in nursing and applies them in a broader nursing and health care context --
Includes a stronger exploration on the role of the service-user --
Shows the use of life-story and narrative approaches as a way of putting the individual's identity at the heart of the care relationship --
Includes learning features such as links to current practice developments and reflective questions --Book Jacket.
- 9781118990568 (pbk.)
- Preceded by Person-centred nursing : theory and practice / Brendan McCormack, Tanya McCance. 2010.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 19814094