India's fiscal policy : prescriptions, pragmatics and practice / edited by Supriyo De.
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 233 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- De, Supriyo
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Fiscal Policy in India: Trends and Trajectory / Supriyo De -- 2.Decentralization, Indirect Tax Reform and Fiscal Federalism in India / Raghbendra Jha -- 3.Fiscal Implications of Energy Subsidies / S. Narayan -- 4.Fiscal Implications of Food Security in India: A Critical Review / Ruth Kattumuri -- 5.Land and Food Acts: Trading Economic Pragmatism for Political Gain / Amitendu Palit -- 6.A Separate Debt Management Office in India / Charan Singh -- 7.Show Me the Cash: Direct Benefits Transfer in India / Rajesh Chakrabarti -- 8.India's Education Challenges: Expenditure Effectiveness Issues / Itismita Mohanty.
- "Seeks to balance normative prescriptions on fiscal policy with its practical aspects in the context of the Indian scenario"--
- 9781107152632 (hardback) and 1107152631 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19817662