Common threads. Volume LXXV / [Candace Hicks].
- Hicks, Candace
- Additional Titles:
- [Nacogdoches, Texas] : [Candace Hicks], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages ; 23 cm
- "Common Threads is a series of hand-embroidered unique canvas books which copy the form and design of dime-store 'composition' books. The books themselves, self-consciously hand-made objects, are a record of coincidental occurrences generally gleaned from reading or mundane events. The use of embroidery thread allows for the production of the text and image with the same mark and material, to make the text, image and substance of the book inseparable"--Description from Booklyn Artists Alliance website, http://booklyn.org/archive/index.php/Detail/Object/Show/object_id/668, 31 May 2017.
- Caption title.
"Candace Hicks '16"--Page 8.
Place of publication from Booklyn Artist Alliance website http://booklyn.org/archive/index.php/Detail/Object/Show/object_id/668.
One-of-a-kind, embroidered, hand sewn artist's book by Candace Hicks. Cover embroidered with green alligators. Interior embroidered with blue and red embroidery thread to mimic lined notebook pages. Text embroidered in black.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books Fine Printing copy: Purchased with funds from the Philip Young Rare Books Endowment for the Libraries; 2016.
Rare Books Fine Printing copy: Purchased from Booklyn; 2016.
- Action Note:
- Rare Books Fine Printing copy: housed; 20170912 box. Phase box.
View MARC record | catkey: 19819067