Identity, sexuality, and relationships among emerging adults in the digital age / Michelle F. Wright, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, 
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 342 pages ; 29 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wright, Michelle F.
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 Identity Development in the Digital Age: An Eriksonian Perspective / Emily Weinstein -- ch. 2 Self-Comparison: The Self in Digital World / Clara Moningka -- ch. 3 The Process of Acculturation and Transition for Adulthood in Young Brazilian Soccer Players in a Digital Age / Carolina Saraiva de Macedo Lisboa -- ch. 4 Use of Social Networking Sites by People with Health Issues / Tatsuya Imai -- ch. 5 The Digital Development of LGBTQ Youth: Identity, Sexuality, and Intimacy / Michelle Birkett -- ch. 6 Alternative Sexualities and Virtual Communities: Aspects of LGBT Participation on Social Networking Sites in Spain / Beatriz Gomez-Ortiz -- ch. 7 Likes and Comments: The Untamed Facebook Sex Education in Uganda and Kenya for Emerging Adults / Sarah Wairimu Ndung'u Njau -- ch. 8 Parent-Emerging Adult Relationships in the Digital Age: A Family Systems Theoretical Perspective / Justin Peer -- ch. 9 Chinese International Students' Messages on the Family Forum: Topics, Objectives, and Types of Assistance / Lynne M. Webb -- ch. 10 Diverse Disabilities and Dating Online / Elizabeth Mazur -- ch. 11 Influence of Social Media on Dating Relationships of Emerging Adults in Nigerian Universities: Social Media and Dating in Nigeria / Olasunkanmi Adebiyi Osho -- ch. 12 The Influence of Pornography on Romantic Relationships of Emerging Adults / Brian J. Willoughby -- ch. 13 Victimization or Entertainment? How Attachment and Rejection Sensitivity Relate to Sexting Experiences, Evaluations, and Victimization / Emily Rankin -- ch. 14 Being Online in Emerging Adulthood: Between Problematic or Functional Use of the Internet / Gioele Piobbico -- ch. 15 Cyberstalking Victimization and Perpetration among Greek College Students / Argyroula Kalaitzaki -- ch. 16 Cyber Aggression and Victimization among Emerging Adults: The Associated Adjustment Difficulties / Michelle F. Wright.
- "This book is a pivotal reference source for the latest research on the role of digital media and its impact on identity development, behavioral formations, and the inter-personal relationships of young adults. Featuring extensive coverage across a range of relevant perspectives and topics, such as self-comparison, virtual communities, and online dating"--
- 9781522518563 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (283-334) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19821601