The nature and extent of charity : a sermon preach'd before the Right Honourable Sir Joseph Jekyll, Kt., Master of the Rolls, President, Thomas Green, Esq., Vice-President, and other trustees of the Infirmary in James-Street, Westminster : at the parish-church of St. Margaret, on occasion of their anniversary meeting, April 26, 1735 / by ... Thomas, Lord Bishop of Salisbury
- Sherlock, Thomas, 1678-1761
- Additional Titles:
- Half title: The Bishop of Salisbury's sermon preach'd before the trustees of the Infirmary in James-Street, Westminster, &c
- London : Printed for J. and J. Pemberton ..., 1735.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 20, 4 pages ; 22 cm (4to).
- Additional Creators:
- Westminster Hospital. Charitable Society for Relieving the Sick and Needy
- Related Titles:
- Account of the proceedings of the Charitable Society for Relieving the Sick and Needy ...
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of an 18th-century library in Williamscote House near Banbury, England, assembled by John Loveday (1711-1789), philologist and antiquary, who lived at Caversham in Oxfordshire. The library was moved to Williamscote House in 1799 by John Loveday the second (1742-1809), Doctor of Laws.
- Signatures: [A 2], B-D 4., On t.p. "t." is superscript., and Includes: An account of the proceedings of the Charitable Society for Relieving the Sick and Needy, at the Publick Infirmary in James-Street Westminster, from its first institution in the year 1719 to Lady-day, 1735 (p. 1-4 at end).
- Binding notes:
- Bound with: A sermon preach'd at St. Marys Church in Cambridge, January the 6th / Francis Hare. Cambridge [Cambridgeshire] : Printed at the University Press for Edmund Jeffery, 1700.
BV50.E7H37 1700 c.1 (Book) bound in A sermon preach'd at St. Marys Church in Cambridge, January the 6th. Being the feast of the Epiphany. By Francis Hare, A.M. and Fellow of King's College
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English short title catalogue, T039663.
View MARC record | catkey: 198236