Social identity : international perspectives / edited by Stephen Worchel [and others].
- London ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 263 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Worchel, Stephen
- Regarding the relationship between social identity and personal identity / Jean-Claude Deschamps, Thierry Devos. -- Social representations in personal identity / Willem Doise. -- The personal-social interplay: social-cognitive prospects on identity and self others comparison / Carmencita Serino. -- Self-we-others schemata and social identifications / Maria Jarymowicz. -- A developmental view of the search for group identity / Stephen Worchel. -- The Role of prototypicality in group influence and cohesion: contextual variation in the graded structure of social categories / Penelope Oakes, S. Alexander Haslam, John C. Turner. -- Group beliefs as an expression of social identity / Daniel Bar-Tal. -- Social identity and national identity / Jose Miguel Salazar. -- Social identity and intragroup differentiation as subjective social control / Jose M. Marques, Dario Paez, Dominic Abrams. -- Categorization and social influence / Juan Antonio Perez, Gabriel Mugny. -- Social identity and interpersonal relationships / Miguel Moya. -- Social identity and aspects of social creativity: shifting to new dimensions of intergroup comparison / Steve Hinkle, Laurie A. Taylor, Lee Fox-Cardamone [et al.]. -- Mere categorization and competition: a closer look at social identity theory and the discontinuity effect / Stephen M. Drigotas, Chester Insko, John Schopler. -- Discrimination and beliefs on discrimination in individualists and collectivists / J. Francisco Morales, Mercedes Lopez-Saez, Laura Vega. -- Constructing social identity: the role of status, collective values, collective self-esteem, perception and social behaviour / Dario Paez, Cristina Martinez-Taboada, Juan Jose Arrospide [et al.].
- 0761955232 and 0761955240 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -254) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1995376