Charting our course toward the networked enterprise [videorecording] / Jim Barksdale ; producer, Paul Marca
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford Video : Stanford Alumni Association, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (50:04) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Barksdale, Jim
Stanford Alumni Association
Stanford Center for Professional Development
Stanford Video Media Group
- Stanford executive briefings
- How can companies continue to benefit from the Internet explosion? The world's most successful companies are harnessing the power of the World Wide Web within their corporation. Intranets are having a profound effect on how organizations manage information and communicate both internally and with partners, vendors, and customers. In a lecture, Jim Barksdale, president and CEO of Netscape Communications Corp., presents his vision of the "networked enterprise," offering insights on the dramatic impact that Intranet technology, particularly Web-based e-mail, is having on business. He outlines the three requirements for building a network, what questions to ask in the process, and how and why to focus on the customer. Covers essential information for business being conducted in the electronic age: crossware, total platform independence, and the newest enterprise frontiers such as secure e-mail, digital signatures, insured mail, and more.
- A production of the Stanford Video Media Group. Production services provided by Stanford Center for Professional Development. Copyright held by Stanford Alumni Association.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Executive producer, Catherine O'Brien.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Taped live, Apr. 8, 1997, at Stanford University.
- Technical Details:
- VHS format.
View MARC record | catkey: 2000481