An apology for the true Christian divinity : being an explanation and vindication of the principles and doctrines of the people called Quakers / Written in Latin and English by Robert Barclay, and since translated into High Dutch, Low Dutch, French, and Spanish, for the information of strangers
- Barclay, Robert, 1648-1690
- Uniform Title:
- Theologiæ ver`e Christianæ apologia. English
- Birmingham : Printed by John Baskerville, and sold by the Booksellers of London and Westminster, 1765.
- The eighth edition in English.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, [II]-XIII, 2 unnumbered pages, 504 pages, 16 unnumbered pages ; 31 cm (4to).
Full Text available online
- Translation of: Theologiæ ver`e Christianæ apologia., First published in Latin (in Amsterday) in 1676; first English ed. 1678. Cf. DNB., These theologicæ: p. [ii]-xiii., and Errata leaf:  p. following p. xiii.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Gaskell, P. John Baskerville. 30. and English short title catalogue, t086111.
View MARC record | catkey: 2001601