17th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2001) [electronic resource]
- Corporate Author:
- IEEE Computer Society Staff
- Los Alamitos : IEEE Computer Society Press May 2001
- Physical Description:
- 690 p. 11.000 x 08.500 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation The proceedings of the April 2001 conference emphasize the engineering aspects of data management, but also consider data engineering in a wider sense that encompasses middleware, distributed systems and workflow. The 54 research papers are organized in 17 sessions that include temporal databases, data mining from patterns, time series, XML, nearest neighbor queries, and OLAP. Some of the topics are a temporal algebra for an ER-based temporal data model, workflow and process synchronization with interaction expressions and graphs, model-based mediation with domain maps, B-tree indexes and CPU caches, the Skyline operator, and counting twig matches in a tree. In addition, there are 20 industry papers that focus on e-commerce, data warehousing, and mobility. No subject index. c. Book News Inc.
0769510019 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional IEEE Computer Society Press
View MARC record | catkey: 20026108