Conference on Computers, Freedom and Privacy, 1st [electronic resource]
- Warren, Jim C., Jr., 1936-
- Los Alamitos : IEEE Computer Society Press Oct. 1991
- Physical Description:
- 248 p.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Mostly a (carefully edited) transcript of discussions (rather than a presentation of prepared written remarks) from the conference held March 1991, in Burlingame, California, sponsored by Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility. Included is description of a proposed 27th amendment to the US Constitution by Harvard Law School professor Laurence Tribe that would strengthen protection of free speech and privacy in the face of advancing technology. The index is detailed. Annotation copyrighted by Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
- 9780818625657 and 0818625651 (Trade Paper)
View MARC record | catkey: 20030175