Distributed Computing Systems [electronic resource]: Proceedings of the Seventeenth International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, Baltimore, Maryland, 1997
- Los Alamitos : IEEE Computer Society Press May 1997
- Physical Description:
- 616 p. 28.000 x 022.000 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Proceedings of the May 1997 conference. Contains 67 papers presented at the conference as well as three panel sessions and three keynote talks. The panels discuss guaranteed quality of service for distributed systems, Java and distributed computing and scalability of the web--all topics which represent trends in distributed computing. Others topics include cache consistency; network protocols; fault- tolerant systems; quorums for scalability; mobile communications; load balancing; WEB; new applications; real-time communications; languages and software; distributed shared memory; security and protocols; and distributed multimedia. No index. Annotation copyrighted by Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
- 9780818678134 and 0818678135 (Trade Paper)
View MARC record | catkey: 20031206