Establishing boundaries [electronic resource] : Christian-Jewish relations in early council texts and the writings of Church Fathers / by F.J.E. Boddens Hosang
- Boddens Hosang, F. J. E.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 201 p. ; 25 cm.
- Jewish and Christian perspectives series, 1388-2074 ; v. 19
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Fourth century developments -- Jews and Christians in the scholarly debate -- Judaism in decline -- Parting of the ways -- A different type of -- Source material: council texts -- The Council of Elvira -- Pre-fourth century -- Archeological and literary evidence for Jews and Christians in Spain -- The Jewish evidence -- The Christian evidence -- Fourth century evidence for Jews and Christians in Spain -- Jewish evidence -- Christian evidence -- Jews in Christian texts -- The Council of Elvira -- Graeco-Roman meals -- Jewish meals -- Christian meals -- The Council of Laodicea -- Fourth century Anatolia: introduction -- Jewish evidence in Anatolia -- Evidence for Christians in Anatolia -- The Council of Laodicea -- The Apostolic Canons -- Fourth century Antioch: Jewish and Christian evidence -- Christian-Jewish relations in Church Father texts -- The Apostolic Canons -- Gaul -- Fifth century Gaul -- Jewish evidence -- Christian evidence -- Christian authors on Jews and Judaism -- The text of the Statuta ecclesiae antiqua -- Later Gallic Councils (c. 465-541) -- Vannes -- Agde -- Epaon -- Orleans II -- Clermont -- Orleans III -- Orleans IV.
- 9789004182554 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -198) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20031731