The Hebrew Bible [electronic resource] : new insights and scholarship / edited by Frederick E. Greenspahn
- New York : New York University Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 231 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Greenspahn, Frederick E., 1946-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Israel without the Bible / Gary A. Rendsburg -- Bible, archaeology, and the social sciences: the next generation / Elizabeth Bloch-Smith -- Literary approaches to biblical literature: general observations and a case study of Genesis 34 / Adele Berlin -- Feminist approaches to the Hebrew Bible / Esther Fuchs -- The laws of biblical Israel / Raymond Westbrook -- The study of ritual in the Hebrew Bible / David P. Wright -- By the letter?/word for word? Scripture in the Jewish tradition / Leonard Greenspoon -- From Judaism to biblical religion and back again / Ziony Zevit -- Jewish biblical theology / Marvin A. Sweeney -- Epilogue: Let a hundred flowers bloom: some reflections on reading and studying the Hebrew Bible / Peter Machinist.
- 9780814731871 (cloth : alk. paper)
0814731872 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780814731888 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0814731880 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 20032956