Interventional nephrology [electronic resource] / Arif Asif ... [et al.].
- New York : McGraw-Hill, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- p. ; cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Asif, Arif
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "A complete guide to every aspect of interventional nephrology--an essential text for students, residents, fellows, and clinicians. This timely resource examines all relevant aspects of interventional nephrology, from the history of nephrology to the principles governing the latest vascular access techniques. Heavily illustrated with full-color procedural drawings and featuring an easy-to-follow design, the book includes contributions from many leading authorities in the field whose insights combine to form an unprecedented, clinically rigorous survey of interventional nephrology. Interventional Nephrology opens with an instructive look at the origins of hemodialysis access; an overview of the history of interventional nephrology in the U.S. and abroad; and clinically relevant coverage of vascular access outcomes. The high-yield coverage continues with a probing assessment of ethics, public policy, and practice guidelines, illuminating such pivotal topics as industry partnerships and conflicts of interest. The principles that support interventional nephrology techniques are also extensively reviewed, encompassing everything from vascular mapping to peritoneal dialysis catheter removal, while the following section delves into the key surgical aspects of vascular access. Finally, the book provides useful perspectives on how political and policy affairs impact current practice. "--Provided by publisher.
- 9780071769327 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0071769323 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20034623