Multicultural girlhood [electronic resource] : racism, sexuality, and the conflicted spaces of American education / Mary E. Thomas
- Thomas, Mary E. (Mary Elizabeth), 1970-
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 204 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Global youth
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Banal multiculturalism and its opaque racisms : new racial ideals and the limits of "getting along" -- The sexual attraction of racism : the latent desires of "boys are stupid" -- The pain of segregation : school territoriality, racial embodiment, and paranoid geographies -- Geographies of migrant girlhood: families and racialization -- What girls want at school : surveillance, care, and a predictable space -- Conclusion.
- 9781439907313 (cloth : alk. paper)
1439907315 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781439907320 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1439907323 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -200) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20035925