The New Left, national identity, and the break-up of Britain [electronic resource] / by Wade Matthews
- Matthews, Wade, 1975-
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 324 pages ; 25 cm.
- Historical materialism book series, 1570-1522 ; volume 51
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- History and historiography of the New Left in Britain -- Socialist intellectuals and the national question before 1956 -- E.P. Thompson in the provinces -- Raymond Williams's love of country -- Stuart Hall's identities -- Perry Anderson against the national culture -- Tom Nairn on hating Britain properly.
- 9789004223967 (hardback : acid-free paper), 9004223967 (hardback : acid-free paper), and 9789004253070 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 299-317) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20036148