Carol Bove : polka dots / with an essay by Johanna Burton ; editor, Lucas Zwirner
- Additional Titles:
- Polka dots
- New York, New York : David Zwirner Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 73 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Burton, Johanna, Zwirner, Lucas, Konrath, Andreas Laszlo, 1981-, Bove, Carol, 1971- Selections, and David Zwirner (Gallery)
- Offering a unique glimpse into an artist's studio, this publication visually explores both the process and the finished work of one of today's leading contemporary artists. Built around a series of photographs by Andreas Laszlo Konrath taken over the course of multiple visits to Carol Bove's studio in Brooklyn, this catalogue offers a behind-the-scenes look into her practice. Through the photographs, the reader experiences not only the development of her most recent body of sculptures referred to by the artist as "collage sculptures" but also the materials and conditions that contribute to their creation. They are constructed from square steel tubing that has been crushed and shaped at the studio, found scrap metals, and shallow, highly polished discs. Painted in vivid colors, the sculptures appear lightweight and improvisational despite their heavy materiality. Exhibition: David Zwirner, New York City, USA (November 2016).
- Chiefly illustrated.
Catalog of an exhibition held at David Zwirner, New York, November 5 - December 17, 2016.
Includes photographs of the artist's Brooklyn studio by Andreas Laszlo Konrath--David Zwirner website.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20040345