Illuminations [sound recording] / [selected by] Society of Composers, Inc
- Brooklyn, NY : Capstone Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (69 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded sheet
- Additional Creators:
- Stark, Paulina
Rowe, Martha L., 1953-
Boyadjian, Hayg, 1938-
Richey, John, 1961-
Hutchison, Warner, 1930-
Chen, Ling Chao, 1959-
New England Reed Trio
Louisiana State University. New Music Ensemble
Society of Composers
- SCI CD ; no. 10
- Language Note:
- Vocal works sung in English; words from various sources.
- Stone settings: Swan song (1:41) ; Love as a second language (2:34) ; Coda for a lover (2:45) ; The marriage house (2:16) ; Nightland (4:13) / Herb Bielawa -- Googleegoo (11:00) / Hayg Boyadjian -- Of times and their places: Awake once more in spring (1:40) ; It is a fine evening (2:16) ; Nights, in my small voice I call you (3:05) ; My summer love too late (4:04) ; I'll come no more to that enchanted wood (1:57) / Charles Bestor -- Variations for piano (6:40) / John Richey -- Poe songs: A paen (14:13) ; Serenade (4:54) / Warner Hutchison -- Echo (4:53) / Ling Chao Chen.
- Compact disc.
Biographical and program notes, with vocal texts ( p. : ports.) inserted in container.
The 1st and 3rd works for soprano and piano; the 2nd for oboe, clarinet and bassoon; the 4th for piano, 4 hands; the 5th for soprano, horn and vibraphone; the 6th for baritone with instrumental ensemble.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Marian Marsh, soprano ; Herb Bielawa, piano (1st work). New England Reed Trio (2nd work). Paulina Stark, soprano ; Estela Olevsky, piano (3rd work). John Richey, Michael Zuraw, piano (4th work). Martha Rowe, soprano ; Nancy Joy, horn ; Fred Bugbee, vibraphone (5th work). Paul Tsai, baritone ; Louisiana State University New Music Ensemble ; Dinos Constantinides, conductor (last work).
View MARC record | catkey: 2004221