History for genealogists : using chronological time lines to find and understand your ancestors / by Judy Jacobson
- Jacobson, Judy
- Baltimore, Maryland : Clearfield, 
- Copyright Date:
- Revised edition with 2016 addendum incorporating editorial corrections to the 2009 edition / by Denise Larson.
- Physical Description:
- x, 310 pages ; 26 cm
- Seeing ancestors in historical context -- Creating a timeline -- Why did they leave? -- How did they go? -- Coming to America -- Myths, confusions, secrets and lies -- Even harder to find missing persons -- Social history and community genealogy -- State by state -- Region by region.
- History lays the foundation to understand a group of people. Genealogy lays the foundation to understand a person or family using tangible historic evidence.
- 9780806357683 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20044265