Recurrent pregnancy loss / edited by Ole B. Christiansen
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK : John Wiley & Sons, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (pages .).
- Additional Creators:
- Christiansen, Ole B.
- Gynecology in practice
- Obtaining the relevant history / Ole B. Christiansen -- Which investigations are relevant? / Paulien G. de Jong, Emmy van den Boogaard, Claudia Kowalik, Rosa Vissenberg, Saskia Middeldorp and Mariëtte Goddijn -- NK cells in peripheral blood and the endometrium / Gavin Sacks -- Cytokines and cytokine gene polymorphisms in recurrent pregnancy loss / Silvia Daher, Maria Regina Torloni and Rosiane Mattar -- How to assess the prognosis after recurrent miscarriage / Howard J.A. Carp -- Which treatments should be offered? PGD/PGS, lymphocyte immunization, intravenous immunoglobulin / Henriette Svarre Nielsen and Ole B. Christiansen -- Which treatments should be offered : heparin/aspirin, progesterone, prednisone / Muhammad A. Akhtar and Siobhan Quenby -- Which treatments should be offered : metformin, hCG, GM-CSF/C-CSF, TNF-[alpha] inhibitors, standard IVF/ICSI / Ole B. Christiansen -- Talking to patients about lifestyle, behaviour and miscarriage risk / Ruth Bender Atik and Barbara E. Hepworth-Jones -- Endocrine and ultrasonic surveillance of pregnancies in patients with recurrent miscarriage / Adjoa Appiah and Jemma Johns -- Obstetric complications in patients with recurrent miscarriage: how should they be monitored in the third trimester? / Shehnaaz Jivraj -- Recurrent miscarriage after ART: a double challenge / Elisabeth C. Larsen and Ole B. Christiansen -- How to cope with stress and depression in women with recurrent miscarriage / Keren Shakhar and Dida Fleisig -- Recurrent miscarriage and the risk of autoimmune disease and thromboembolic disease / M. Angeles Martinez-Zamora, Ricard Cervera and Juan Balasch -- How to organize and run an early pregnancy unit/recurrent miscarriage clinic : European perspective / Ann Maria Ellard and Roy G. Farquharson -- How to organize an early pregnancy unit/recurrent miscarriage clinic : American perspective / Joanne Kwak-Kim, Kuniaki Ota, and Ae-Ra Han -- Case studies / Ole B. Christiansen.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss is an emotional challenge for patients. This book offers a practical approach to office-based gynecologists and trainee gynecologists to learn how to identify the root causes and minimize the risks of further miscarriage in subsequent pregnancies. This book is part of the Gynecology in Practice Series, which aims to provide a clinical 'in the office' or 'at the bedside' guide to effective patient care for gynecologists.
- 1118749014 (electronic bk.)
9781118749012 (electronic bk.)
9780470672945 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
0470672943 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20044606