Girl rising : changing the world one girl at a time / Tanya Lee Stone in association the GirlRising
- Stone, Tanya Lee
- New York : Wendy Lamb Books, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 193 pages : color illustrations, color map ; 24 cm
- Why (and how) a film became a book -- The stakes -- The stories. Modern-day slavery ; Child marriage ; Limited access, or none at all -- The solutions. Can we change the world? ; Girls rising.
- Girl Rising, a global campaign for girls' education, created a film that chronicled the stories of nine girls in the developing world, allowing viewers the opportunity to witness how education can break the cycle of poverty. Now, award-winning author Tanya Lee Stone deftly uses new research to illuminate the dramatic facts behind the film, focusing both on the girls captured on camera and many others.
- Girls—Education—Cross-cultural studies—Juvenile literature
- Girls—Conduct of life—Juvenile literature
- Social change—Juvenile literature
- Girls—Education—Cross-cultural studies
- Girls—Conduct of life
- Social change
- YOUNG ADULT NONFICTION—Girls & Women
- YOUNG ADULT NONFICTION—School & Education
- YOUNG ADULT NONFICTION—Social Topics
- 9780553511468 (hardcover alkaline paper)
0553511467 (hardcover alkaline paper)
9780553511475 (hardcover alkaline paper)
0553511475 (hardcover alkaline paper)
9780553511499 (paperback alkaline paper)
0553511491 (paperback alkaline paper)
- Interest Age:
- Age 12-up.
- Interest Grade:
- Grade 9 to 12.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 169-174) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20045639