Singularities in Geometry, Topology, Foliations and Dynamics [electronic resource] : A Celebration of the 60th Birthday of José Seade, Merida, Mexico, December 2014 / edited by José Luis Cisneros-Molina, Dũng Tráng Lê, Mutsuo Oka, Jawad Snoussi
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Birkhäuser, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 231 pages 15 illustrations, 10 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Cisneros-Molina, José Luis, Tráng Lê, Dũng, Oka, Mutsuo, 1947-, Snoussi, Jawad, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Trends in Mathematics, 2297-0215
- Extending the action of Schottky groups on the complex anti-de Sitter space to the projective space -- Puiseux Parametric Equations via the Amoeba of the Discriminant -- Some open questions on arithmetic Zariski pairs -- Logarithmic vector fields and the Severi strata in the discriminant -- Classification of Isolated Polar Weighted Homogeneous Singularities -- Rational and iterated maps, degeneracy loci, and the generalized Riemann-Hurwitz formula -- On singular varieties with smooth subvarieties -- On Polars of Plane Branches -- Singular Intersections of Quadrics I -- A New Conjecture, a New Invariant, and a New Non-splitting Result -- Lipschitz geometry does not determine embedded topological type -- Projective transverse structures for some foliations -- Chern classes and transversality for singular spaces.
- This book features state-of-the-art research on singularities in geometry, topology, foliations and dynamics and provides an overview of the current state of singularity theory in these settings. Singularity theory is at the crossroad of various branches of mathematics and science in general. In recent years there have been remarkable developments, both in the theory itself and in its relations with other areas. The contributions in this volume originate from the “Workshop on Singularities in Geometry, Topology, Foliations and Dynamics”, held in Merida, Mexico, in December 2014, in celebration of José Seade’s 60th Birthday. It is intended for researchers and graduate students interested in singularity theory and its impact on other fields.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20046245